Affordable Care Act (ACA) - Repeal and Replace:
Repeal - Yes, right away. However, sunset the law two years out so that those who have coverage will not lose their current plan until a new market-driven, consumer oriented replacement is fully built and ready to function.
REPLACE - HEALTH CARE REFORM REFORM
(Health Insurance Reform)
Ten Plank Platform
- ALLOW plans to be sold across state lines—REGIONALLY.
- RE-ESTABLISH health underwriting (pooling).
- RE-ESTABLISH or install state-based risk plans.
- ESTABLISH a premium tax credit (income based or not).
- ENHANCE Health Savings Account (HSA) deductibility.
- ENCOURAGE not-for-profit health insurance company competitive model. For-profit companies may participate under the same rules and parameters.
- ESTABLISH five essential (required) benefits:
- Out-patient care
- In-patient care
- Urgent/Emergent care
- Preventive care
- +All plans may offer additional rider benefits (eg. maternity, mental health, substance abuse counseling, tobacco cessation, dental, etc.).
- +Plans will establish market-based annual out-of-pocket maximum and lifetime maximum benefit limits.
Talk of the Town with Tracy Lundeen and Mediqwest's Dan Conrad